I be on my suit & tie shit tie shit.
I love me some Justin.
I literally practiced this for hours. (Rapping is not my forte.) I think it turned out alright.
"Dimitri Mendeleev (Cover)" - Astronautalis
Did I mention I like these? It reminds what music I have. So, last time.
- Delicate - Damien Rice
- Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite - The Beatles
- What the Hell Have I - Alice In Chains
- Down to Earth - Peter Gabriel
- ATX - Alberta Cross
- Die - Iron & Wine
- Imagine - John Lennon
- Head Over Feet - Alanis Morissette
- Out of My Mind - For Crying Out Loud
- Frown - Title Fight
- Crazy Mary - FM Static
- Tymps (The Sick In The Head Song) - Fiona Apple
- Revolution - The Beatles
- Tin Man - America
- Long Road to Ruin - Foo Fighters
- Why Don’t You and I - Santana
- Rock N Roll High School - The Ramones
- Noro - Brand New
- One Way Road - John Butler Trio
- I Wanna Be Yours - Foxy Shazam
I like these.
- I’ve Got This Friend - The Civil Wars
- Wash - Pearl Jam
- On the Radio - Regina Spektor
- That’s Life - Frank Sinatra
- For a Pessimist, I’m Pretty Optimistic - Paramore
- The Beast of Burden - The Rolling Stone
- Stargasm - Mastadon
- Don’t Lie - Black Eyed Peas
- No Way Back - Foo Fighters
- Daisy - Brand New
- Don’t Even Sing About It - The Books
- Are You Happy? - Drop Dead, Gorgeous
- The Only Moment We Were Alone - Explosions in the Sky
- Crisis! - Plants & Animals
- Woody’s Hood Boogie Woogie - Good Old War
- Play Crack the Sky - Brand New
- Something (Live) - George Harrison
- Love Don’t Leave Me Waiting - Glen Hansard
- Slipping Through the Sensors - Fruit Bats
- The Patron Saint Of Liars And Fakes - Fall Out Boy
This song, man.
"Lucie, Too" - Now, Now
And I can’t afford to lose anymore
But I will keep you company until you go to sleep
Because you’ve been everything good to me
Father, tell us all where you found her
Since the day the pattern formed in December
The math doesn’t add up or match with the language
Of books that I’ve read or things that you said
I’ll leave this with the darker night I carried you inside
And I know that it will find me in time
You were too small I should have known not to leave you alone
The morning it told me
You take what you can get and you die with it
"Desperate Times, Desperate Measures" - Underoath
When this thing breaks.
I will be you
You will be me.
I’m afraid that this is really happening.
Sorry, I’ve been busy tonight, but here it is.
Astronautalis: Freestyle 12.30.2012 @ Jack Rabbits, Jacksonville, FL
Really loving this band right now.
"Dead Oaks" - Now, Now
I can’t feel your bones but I can see them
And I can’t call you up without a reason
I can take a thousand miles and I can drive for hours to your house in the
But I could stay for longer if you wanted me to
I’ve been up and I don’t sleep enough
I don’t sleep enough
I know we don’t talk as much but I can hear you still
I can hear your voice on the phone when you’re up all alone
Because I am up too
John’s Facebook just shared Birdy’s cover of this song. I didn’t care for hers, but I love this song.
"What You Want" - John Butler Trio
What you want to say,
Wait till you get home.
I’m sick of communicating over the
But tell me how you feel,
For I am lonely too
Need you to know
I’m just as cold & numb as you.
But I could fly away,
Or I could be no one.
And you could be the
Sunshine falling over the mountains
Or you could come to stay
You could come right home
Don’t see why I have to
Live this life all alone.
I know there is a way to make up for old mistakes
And I know what’s happening is for a reason
It’s getting to be that time of night. Sad time.
"Disarm (Smashing Pumpkins Cover)" - The Civil Wars
They need to get back together real quick.